Thursday, February 10, 2011

Early Morning...WHAT THE HECK? IT'S 2:45 ALREADY?

  Wow. I have to admit, at times I get out of hand when it comes to procrastinating. I woke up this morning (feeling like P Diddy) and I was like "Alright, Jorden, let's buckle down and finish this grammar project, because if you don't finish it today, you're screwed.". So, I came over to the computer and started adding stuff to my powerpoint.
  We all know how it is when we're doing something we really don't want to do and after maybe five minutes of doing it, our minds are convinced that we've worked on it for a long enough time. I've got that problem.

Badly.

  I spent the longest time on YouTube trying to get votes for my friend April's and my Chapstick video. If you haven't seen it, I posted a link in my previous entry. Then, I started doing some of those interactive video things. They're insanely fun. Last, and totally least, this stupid blog came into the picture.
  I just had convinced my gullible brain that it'd be much more beneficial to do anything except the dumb project. I thought that I'd definitely be finished at about three or three thirty. Little did I know that it was already 2:45 and I hadn't done anything. I know, I know. I should be scrambling to work on it right now considering that it's about three o'clock.
  The other half of you are probably wondering what I'm so worried about. It's only three, and I have at least seven more good hours to finish the project. Wrong. It so happens that my mom comes home at about seven tonight, because she has to get her hair done, and expected me to finish the project in one night; that night being yesterday night, and was screaming her face off when I hadn't.
  I don't want to imagine, let alone describe what she will do when she finds out that I had a whole day and still didn't finish it.

*Mom walks in door.*
Mom: Did you finish the project?

Me: No, Mom.

Mom: YOU'RE NOT FINISHED YET? YOU HAD A WHOLE DAY!

Me: Mother, you know I am a procrastinator.

Mom: YOU'D BETTER PROCRASTINATE YOURSELF UPSTAIRS AND FINISH THAT PROJECT!

Me: Mom, that made no sense.

*Mom pulls out shotgun*

Mom: IM'MA TELL YOU WHAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

*silence*

  These kind of things happen alot. She gets mad when I make a 95. If I have a 98 in a class, she'll say "Is there any way you can get extra credit to raise your score?" My mom's a nice person of course, but sometimes get a smidge out of hand when it comes to academics.
  Well, I 'm going to go put my brace on. It's about that time, anyway. And yes, I'm going to go work on the project. You don't have to worry. Alright, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment